Man sentenced to die for killing 7-year-old boy back in 1992
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man convicted of killing a little boy more than 20 years ago will die for his crime, a jury decided Friday.
Investigators say Obel Cruz-Garcia kidnapped a seven-year-old boy during in a home invasion in 1992. The boy's stabbed body was found weeks later.
DNA evidence linked Cruz-Garcia to the crime two decades later while he was serving time in a Puerto Rican prison.
The same jury that convicted Obel Cruz-Garcia sentenced him to death.
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home 9 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery 6 min ago
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her 45 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Home used in 'The Kardashians' for sale 8 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Girl bitten 100 times in New Zealand dog attack
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- Malaysian couple to hang for murder of maid 57 min ago
- Turkish PM threatens to ban Facebook, YouTube 55 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos