Man sentenced to die for killing 7-year-old boy back in 1992
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man convicted of killing a little boy more than 20 years ago will die for his crime, a jury decided Friday.
Investigators say Obel Cruz-Garcia kidnapped a seven-year-old boy during in a home invasion in 1992. The boy's stabbed body was found weeks later.
DNA evidence linked Cruz-Garcia to the crime two decades later while he was serving time in a Puerto Rican prison.
The same jury that convicted Obel Cruz-Garcia sentenced him to death.
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 14 min ago
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety 27 min ago
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?