Man sentenced to die for killing 7-year-old boy back in 1992
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man convicted of killing a little boy more than 20 years ago will die for his crime, a jury decided Friday.
Investigators say Obel Cruz-Garcia kidnapped a seven-year-old boy during in a home invasion in 1992. The boy's stabbed body was found weeks later.
DNA evidence linked Cruz-Garcia to the crime two decades later while he was serving time in a Puerto Rican prison.
The same jury that convicted Obel Cruz-Garcia sentenced him to death.
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 44 min ago
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl 21 min ago
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking 18 min ago
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo 9 min ago
- Dogs die in northeast Harris Co. house fire 1 min ago
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 42 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather