Ms. Wheelchair America 2014 crowned in downtown Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The winner of the Ms. Wheelchair America competition was crowned Saturday night in downtown Houston.
Ms. Wheelchair Washington -- Jennifer Lynn Adams of Tacoma, Washington -- took the 2014 title.
Adams, 33, will serve as a national advocate for people with disabilities over the next year.
In all, 27 contestants from across the nation, ranging in age from 21 to 60, were competing for the title. They were judged in three categories: personal interview, platform speech and two audience questions.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident