Train fatally strikes 18-year-old in Montgomery County
NEW CANEY, TX (KTRK) -- A man was hit and killed by a train Sunday in Montgomery County.
It happened around noon at Loop 494 and Keith Drive in the New Caney area.
Christopher Neves, 18, of New Caney, was killed by a Union Pacific train as he walked along the tracks.
Authorities say Neves was going to his girlfriend's house and had his headphones in his ears, listening to music. Although the train's horn sounded, he did not move from the tracks and was killed on impact.
The train was traveling 50mph.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged 1 min ago
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe? 13 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 2 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies 37 min ago
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah