Train fatally strikes 18-year-old in Montgomery County
NEW CANEY, TX (KTRK) -- A man was hit and killed by a train Sunday in Montgomery County.
It happened around noon at Loop 494 and Keith Drive in the New Caney area.
Christopher Neves, 18, of New Caney, was killed by a Union Pacific train as he walked along the tracks.
Authorities say Neves was going to his girlfriend's house and had his headphones in his ears, listening to music. Although the train's horn sounded, he did not move from the tracks and was killed on impact.
The train was traveling 50mph.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo