HFD: Faulty water heater to blame for house fire
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A couple in northeast Houston narrowly escaped a fire that ripped through their home early this morning.
Officials say the fire started around 12:30am at a home on Boggess and Deanna. The garage was completely destroyed.
The fire was so intense it even melted the siding of the house next door.
Everyone was able to make it out of the home safely.
Houston Fire Department officials say a faulty water heater in the garage sparked the blaze.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'