Driver crashes into apartment building in northwest Harris County, hits maintenance worker
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two people were taken to the hospital this morning after one of them drove a pickup truck into an apartment building in northwest Harris County, striking the other as he crashed.
It happened around 11am in the 9700 block of West Cypresswood at Cutten.
The driver of the truck apparently lost control. The vehicle left the roadway, ran up onto the grass and went through a fence and some bushes.
The maintenance employee was working on shrubs outside the complex and was hit by the truck before it crashed into the side of the building.
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, the driver may have had a heart attack. He was taken to an area hospital in critical condition.
The maintenance worker was also hospitalized, but in unknown condition. We're told that person is stable.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane 17 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV 28 min ago
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder 45 min ago
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW 20 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat