Houston super-runner has to pull out of 24 marathons in 24 days
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have an update to a Hometown Live story Adela Uchida brought us last week about Kevin Kline, who was one of four people attempting to run 24 marathons in 24 days to raise awareness of pediatric cancer.
Unfortunately Kline has had to pull out after 15 consecutive marathons. His wife, Trish, says he was broken, both physically and mentally and is devastated he won't finish.
But you can help. His wife is asking other people to run and donate your miles on Kline's behalf.
Adela herself has donated more than 21 miles so far.
From now until July 27, donate miles by emailing Trish Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and how far you've run.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Suspects posing as officers break into home 8 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase 6 min ago
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30 18 min ago
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested 38 min ago
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court 15 min ago
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Travis Herzog's Tuesday weather forecast
26 min ago