Ft. Bend ISD elementary school teacher accused of child sex crimes
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Fort Bend ISD elementary school teacher is behind bars, accused of sexually violating a child.
Fort Bend ISD says Kenyan Rodgers, 42, was arrested July 16 on charges of indecency with a child and aggravated sexual assault of a child.
Texas Southern University police arrested Rodgers following an alleged sexual assault investigation involving a 13-year-old girl who was on the university campus for band camp on July 15. Neither the child or the teacher are affiliated with the university.
Rodgers has been a teacher at Ridgegate Elementary School since February 2, 2004 but was placed on administrative leave as Fort Bend ISD police conduct their own investigation.
"The safety of our students is our highest priority," the district said in a prepared statement.
Rodgers is being held at the Harris County Jail on bonds totaling $200,000. His next court date is set for August 20, just a few days before the start of the school year at Fort Bend ISD.
Anyone with information about any inappropriate conduct is asked to contact the Fort Bend ISD Police at (281) 634-5500 or the Crime Stoppers Hotline at (281) 491-TIPS (491-8477).
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home