Suspect faces charges in shooting that killed 1, injured 2
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Charges have been filed against a man accused of fatally shooting one person and injuring two others over the weekend.
John Richard Smith faces one murder charge and two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Authorities say on Sunday afternoon, Smith shot 27-year-old Christine Cousins and Seketha Jacobs, 23, in the 3900 block of Dalmation in southwest Houston. He then went to the 14000 block of Littlefield, where he shot 50-year-old Ned Johnson in northwest Harris County.
Cousins was killed in the shooting. Jacobs was transported to Ben Taub General Hospital and Smith was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital for treatment. Both are expected to survive.
Smith was arrested by officers who were flagged down by citizens, and authorities say he still had what's believed to be the murder weapon in his possession.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Severe weather possible across Houston area
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk 41 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension 30 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos