Suspect faces charges in shooting that killed 1, injured 2
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Charges have been filed against a man accused of fatally shooting one person and injuring two others over the weekend.
John Richard Smith faces one murder charge and two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Authorities say on Sunday afternoon, Smith shot 27-year-old Christine Cousins and Seketha Jacobs, 23, in the 3900 block of Dalmation in southwest Houston. He then went to the 14000 block of Littlefield, where he shot 50-year-old Ned Johnson in northwest Harris County.
Cousins was killed in the shooting. Jacobs was transported to Ben Taub General Hospital and Smith was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital for treatment. Both are expected to survive.
Smith was arrested by officers who were flagged down by citizens, and authorities say he still had what's believed to be the murder weapon in his possession.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped 1 min ago
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
13 min ago