Princess Cruises to continue departing from Port of Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There's good news for the embattled Port of Houston cruise ship terminal. The port announced Tuesday that Princess Cruises will call Houston home for two more years.
The cruise line starts sailing from the Port of Houston in November. It will now sail through 2015. We've investigated the Port's $100 million cruise terminal in the past. It's been largely empty since it was built.
The Port attracted Princess and Carnival cruises after offering generous publically financed incentives. The Port says the deal will create hundreds of jobs.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Man collapses in street and dies in SW Houston
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year
- Suspect to bank teller: 'I'm having a bad day' 14 min ago
- Wreck causes fire in Tomball gas station parking lot 37 min ago
- Alcohol sales rules could change in Houston
- Mom accused of whipping girl with jump rope
- Spring woman accused of injuring elderly man
- Lombardi Award finalists hang with kids from TCH 42 min ago
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Marine's body sent home without heart
- Speed may be to blame for fatal accident
- 5 Things to Know for Today
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos