Construction beginning on 38-mile Grand Parkway project
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- TxDOT is celebrating the first steps toward expanding the Grand Parkway.
State and local officials turned over dirt with ceremonial shovels at the future site of the expansion Tuesday afternoon. Construction on the new 38-mile segment is expected to take two and a half years to complete.
Once finished, drivers will be able to take the Grand Parkway from 290 directly to the Eastex Freeway.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- David Tillman's weather forecast
59 min ago