Bicyclist killed in METRO rail accident was Rice student
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have new information in the death of young college student killed in a METRO rail accident Monday. Rice University has identified that student as 20-year-old Vivian Guan.
In a letter to the faculty and staff, the dean of graduate students described Guan as a talented architecture major who would have been a junior in the fall.
Guan had just exited a train at Walker and Main Monday morning when she was hit by another train as she crossed the tracks on her bike.
The accident is still under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 44 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 26 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly 16 min ago
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death 40 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns