Bicyclist killed in METRO rail accident was Rice student
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have new information in the death of young college student killed in a METRO rail accident Monday. Rice University has identified that student as 20-year-old Vivian Guan.
In a letter to the faculty and staff, the dean of graduate students described Guan as a talented architecture major who would have been a junior in the fall.
Guan had just exited a train at Walker and Main Monday morning when she was hit by another train as she crossed the tracks on her bike.
The accident is still under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 18 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change 23 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard