Police: Disabled woman left in hot car for hours
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are questioning employees of a southwest Houston group home after a disabled woman was left in a hot car for several hours Tuesday afternoon.
According to Houston police, the woman left for hours inside a vehicle parked at a group home in the 5600 block of Parkersburg Drive. The group home assists people with disabilities.
The woman was rushed to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where she is now in the intensive care unit. The woman's sister tells Eyewitness News the victim is 57 years old and suffers from autism.
Police are still investigating what exactly happened.
No other details were immediately available.
Stay with Eyewitness News for the latest details.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore'
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle