Police investigating attempted smash-and-grab in northwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say suspects in a pickup truck rammed into a gas station and tried to steal an ATM in northwest Houston this morning.
It happened around 3:45am at the Valero gas station on Hammerly at Gessner.
Police say suspects in a pickup truck smashed their way into the store and attempted to steal the ATM but they were not successful.
Authorities say the suspects fled the scene in a red Ford 250 pickup truck. The vehicle was located about an hour later on Emnora at Shadowdale. Police say the vehicle is more than likely stolen.
The store was open at the time of the attempted robbery and a clerk was on duty. No word of any injuries.
The suspects remain at-large.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- HISD expanding dual language program