Woman, 2-year-old grandson found dead in Huntsville home
HUNTSVILLE, TX (KTRK) -- Detectives are investigating what appears to be a double homicide involving a child at a home in Huntsville.
According to DPS, a 50-year-old grandmother and her 2-year-old grandson were found dead inside a home in Walker County, about five miles west of Interstate 45 on Highway 30.
Detectives say it was the grandfather who called 911 and reported their deaths. Investigators are interviewing him right now, and they say he is being cooperative.
"The family is definitely in pain, they're definitely in pain. So any family members or neighbors who know them, I'm pretty sure they're are going to need their help to get through these hard times," Texas DPS Trooper Erik Burse said. "Once we come out with further information, if we have a suspect, we're always going to need the citizens of Texas to help us out."
Detectives have not yet said exactly how the two died.
No other details were immediately available.
Stay with Eyewitness News for the latest details.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat