Execution date set for Houston woman on death row
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston woman on death row now has an execution date for the brutal murder of a mentally-impaired man.
Suzanne Basso will be executed February 5, 2014, for the 1998 crime.
Basso lured 59-year-old Louis Musso from New Jersey with promises of marriage and convinced him to make her the beneficiary of his insurance policies.
Prosecutors say Basso lead a group that tortured and killed Musso and left his body in ditch in Jacinto City.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area?
- Age, injury not stopping this softball player
45 min ago
- Ike-damaged Galveston church gets facelift
28 min ago