High school cross country member hit by car during training run in Pearland
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- A student was struck by a vehicle during a training run with her cross country team, according to Pearland police
The accident happened around 6:20am in the 4100 block of Magnolia at Veterans.
A high school cross country track team was running when police say a pair of female runners attempted to cross the street near the Pearland Farms subdivision. One of them was struck by a vehicle.
The victim sustained serious injuries and was transported by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital.
The driver did stop at the scene.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 39 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Man shot inside NW Harris County home 20 min ago
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 6 people dead
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone 6 min ago
- Pap smears could be thing of the past 13 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail 12 min ago
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves
- Travis Herzog's Thursday weather forecast
36 min ago