Today is 'Booker T' day in city of Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Today has officially been designated as 'Booker T. Day' by the city of Houston.
It honors pro world wrestling superstar and hall of famer Booker T. Huffman, who is a native Houstonian. He will be presented with an official proclamation from the city at 5pm outside Toyota Center.
Booker T. has been a professional wrestling icon for the past 24 years and is currently featured on WWE TV programming.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home