Today is 'Booker T' day in city of Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Today has officially been designated as 'Booker T. Day' by the city of Houston.
It honors pro world wrestling superstar and hall of famer Booker T. Huffman, who is a native Houstonian. He will be presented with an official proclamation from the city at 5pm outside Toyota Center.
Booker T. has been a professional wrestling icon for the past 24 years and is currently featured on WWE TV programming.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man arrested after video shows burglar staring at toddler 12 min ago
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus