Man says he killed dog because it was annoying
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man accused of setting a dog on fire is now behind bars.
Jacob Davis is charged with animal cruelty. The Harris County Fire Marshal's Office says Davis stabbed the dog, then torched it near Ella Crossing in north Harris County.
In court this morning, Davis said the dog belonged to his godfather and he killed it because it was annoying.
The dog died from its injuries.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Firetruck plows into LA-area cafe; 15 hurt 47 min ago
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced 9 min ago
- German Shepherd called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Robber who was homesick for prison to be sentenced 35 min ago
- Study: Diabetic heart attacks and strokes falling 28 min ago
- All 'View' co-hosts will salute Barbara Walters 9 min ago
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations