Man says he killed dog because it was annoying
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man accused of setting a dog on fire is now behind bars.
Jacob Davis is charged with animal cruelty. The Harris County Fire Marshal's Office says Davis stabbed the dog, then torched it near Ella Crossing in north Harris County.
In court this morning, Davis said the dog belonged to his godfather and he killed it because it was annoying.
The dog died from its injuries.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kubiak era ends in Houston 15 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery on UH campus 41 min ago
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas 59 min ago
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- Photos: Share Your Holidays Food Drive 7 min ago
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter