One killed, two others injured in shooting in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One person is dead two others are in the hospital after being shot inside at an apartment complex in southwest Houston early this morning.
It happened around 2:30am at a gated apartment complex on Sands Point at Rookin.
Neighbors remember the sounds of the violent home invasion that ended with three people shot.
"I heard the screams, gunshots. He shot like twice, and he screamed and after that, they were still shooting," said a neighbor who didn't want to be identified. There were just shots after the scream," said a neighbor.
That neighbor showed us the bullet hole left in her car after the shooting that killed one man and sent two other people to the hospital.
"I just thank God I didn't go outside and check on our cars," she said. "We have like three cars out here and I was gonna go check them, but something told me not to."
Detectives say witnesses saw the suspects leaving in a dark car. They say the whole thing seems to have started with a break-in.
"The apartment looked like it had forced entry and it appears to be some sort of home invasion," said Sgt. C.E. Elliot with the Houston Police Department. "There is a large quantity of narcotics in the apartment."
Officers also removed several guns from the apartment. Neighbors who woke up to news of the violent crime were shocked.
"I came outside. It was early this morning. It was 5:30 this morning," said neighbor Susan Reagin "There were detectives and they had it all roped off."
"Does it make you a little nervous?" we asked her.
"It makes me real nervous," she said.
The family of the man who died came out to the crime scene. They were understandably very upset.
The victim hasn't been identified. Police are still looking for the suspects.
If you have any information on this crime, you're being asked to call authorities.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk 52 min ago
- Severe weather clears Houston
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 16 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 36 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife 45 min ago
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking 14 min ago
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- 'Topless' protest falls flat on Brazil beach
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?