Sketch released of suspect in sexual assaults in SE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police have released a sketch to help identify a man wanted in at least three sexual assaults in southeast Houston.
The sexual assaults happened on July 3 at 3:50am, May 31 at 11:10pm and May 24 at 2:15am. In each instance, investigators say the suspect was driving a white, newer model four-door vehicle with light tint on the windows and a dark interior.
Police say he picked up the victims and drove them to a vacant home where he physically and sexually assaulted them.
"They are walking late at night, these are all about 2 to 4 in the morning, and these women are all walking in this area late at night and he persuades them to get into the car," said Houston Police Department Sgt. John Colburn, the lead investigator on this case.
In the case on July 3, the victim was walking in the area of Yellowstone and MLK when the suspect approached her and managed to talk her into taking a ride.
The suspect drove the victim to a home in the 5900 block of Southtown, where he forced her into the home and attacked her, say police. The suspect then took her purse. The two struggled, say investigators, and the victim managed to escape.
The suspect is described only as a black male in his late 20s. He is about 6 feet tall with a medium build and a medium complexion. He has a "wide" smile and a fade-style haircut.
Investigators are warning women to be very cautious. They believe the man knows the area well since he continues coming back.
"I usually walk up and down this street. So, I'm afraid to even walk down the street in the broad daylight," area resident Britney Gore said.
"And he looks familiar," area resident Bonita Gore said. "I think I've seen him in this area."
Anyone with information in these cases or on the identity of the wanted suspect is urged to contact the HPD Special Crimes Division at 713-308-1100 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 20 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 2 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly 11 min ago
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death 16 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co.