Houston police officer injured in crash on North Freeway
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston police officer is out of the hospital after he was hit by his own patrol car during a traffic stop in north Houston.
Police say senior officer Dean Stark had a driver, Antonio, Chimeo, pulled over on the North Freeway near Airline when a suspected drunk driver, identified as 28-year-old Daniel Perez, plowed into the patrol car. The patrol car hit Chimeo's vehicle as well as Officer Stark.
DWI charges are pending against Perez.
"It appears the officer was struck by his own vehicle," said Sgt. Tim Trometer with the Houston Police Department. "He was transported to the hospital, but it appears his injuries appear to be minor."
Both Chimeo and Officer Stark have been released from the hospital.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, sonia azad
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 3 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places 19 min ago
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 17 min ago
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to... 22 min ago
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged