Houston police officer injured in crash on North Freeway
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston police officer is out of the hospital after he was hit by his own patrol car during a traffic stop in north Houston.
Police say senior officer Dean Stark had a driver, Antonio, Chimeo, pulled over on the North Freeway near Airline when a suspected drunk driver, identified as 28-year-old Daniel Perez, plowed into the patrol car. The patrol car hit Chimeo's vehicle as well as Officer Stark.
DWI charges are pending against Perez.
"It appears the officer was struck by his own vehicle," said Sgt. Tim Trometer with the Houston Police Department. "He was transported to the hospital, but it appears his injuries appear to be minor."
Both Chimeo and Officer Stark have been released from the hospital.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, sonia azad
- Outlet mall shoppers get scare on Sunday 33 min ago
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex 17 min ago
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- North Loop WB at Highway 290 shut down due to lost load
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- HISD expanding dual language program