Paid parking along Galveston's Seawall begins Saturday
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Going to the Seawall this weekend? Prepare to pay for parking.
Galveston officials announced that starting Saturday, visitors of the Seawall will now have to pay to park. The city says the signs are now out to notify visitors and this weekend, officers will be on patrol.
Parking will cost $1 an hour and up to $8 a day. You can also buy an annual parking pass for $25.
Galveston officials say people will now be able to use their smartphones to pay for parking.
Seawall Paid Parking:
- Fee: $1 / hour, not to exceed $8 / day or $25 / year annual pass
- Hours of Operation: 10:00AM - 6:00 PM, Daily
- Payment Options: PayByPhone, Select Seawall Businesses
Paid parking areas will include the north and south sides of Seawall Boulevard from 6th to 69th Street and 81st to 103rd Street. The area between 69th and 81st Street will be free of charge.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Notable events that happened on this date in history 53 min ago
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast 21 min ago
- Will Pearland mom be named most 'unstoppable' today? 18 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Americans spend $56 billion on pets
- Avoid baggage fees with packing tips from a pro 25 min ago
- Mutton bustin' champ explains his strategy
10 min ago
- Avoid baggage fees with packing tips from a...
25 min ago