Rosenberg police nab sex offender on new charges
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A sex offender who's been on the run for two years was arrested by Rosenberg police Friday.
Arnulfo Mercado Jr., 27, faces charges of aggravated assault, as well as failure to comply with registration requirements for sex offenders. Both are felony offenses.
According to Rosenberg police, a detective who is investigating an assault case discovered that Mercado is the sex offender they'd been searching for the past two years. They say he had been using false names to evade authorities.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Helping those left homeless by fire 30 min ago
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs 16 min ago
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe 19 min ago
- Canada to claim North Pole as their own 21 min ago
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos