Police: Drunk teen crashes car into bayou on Houston's south side, killing passenger
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 19-year-old driver plunged into a bayou on the south side of Houston early Sunday, killing one passenger and injuring another, and police say he was drunk.
It happened around 3:15am in the 9700 block of Bellfort Street. According to the Houston Police Department, George Marion was driving a silver Nissan west on Bellfort at a high rate of speed when he lost control, went into a median and struck a pipe on the bridge. The car then flew across the bayou and into a culvert.
No other vehicles were involved. Marion had at least two passengers in the car with him, police said. One person died at the scene. Another was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital in unknown condition. It's unclear whether Marion was injured.
Authorities said Marion was intoxicated at the time of the crash. He will be charged with intoxication manslaughter and intoxication assault.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold 33 min ago
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston 22 min ago
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child 47 min ago
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known 31 min ago
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 9 min ago
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas 28 min ago
- 800 firefighters battle late fall fire in Big Sur
- Feds: Harvard bomb threat was hoax to avoid final
- DA tries again to put 'affluenza' teen behind bars
- Tougher new rules for game rooms
- Travis Herzog's Wednesday weather forecast
5 min ago