Firefighters extinguish blaze at plant in southeast Harris County
LA PORTE, TX (KTRK) -- Crews spent Monday afternoont fighting a plant fire in southeast Harris County.
According to officials, a fire broke out around 3:15pm at the OxyVinyls plant on Battleground Road in La Porte. Authorities tell us the fire was in their master switch yard.
Plant official Dave Dorko says there was an electrical failure at the plant that resulted in the fire. A contractor vehicle was close to the flames and also caught on fire.
Firefighters first had to make sure there was no power on in the area of the plant where the fire was burning before they could even fight it. The blaze was tapped out around 5pm.
There were no reports of injuries or outside damage.
The cause of the initial power failure is unknown.
We have a crew at the scene and will keep you updated on Eyewitness News and abc13.com as new details come into the newsroom.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby 16 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels 15 min ago
- One killed in west Houston wreck 18 min ago
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant