Firefighters extinguish blaze at plant in southeast Harris County
LA PORTE, TX (KTRK) -- Crews spent Monday afternoont fighting a plant fire in southeast Harris County.
According to officials, a fire broke out around 3:15pm at the OxyVinyls plant on Battleground Road in La Porte. Authorities tell us the fire was in their master switch yard.
Plant official Dave Dorko says there was an electrical failure at the plant that resulted in the fire. A contractor vehicle was close to the flames and also caught on fire.
Firefighters first had to make sure there was no power on in the area of the plant where the fire was burning before they could even fight it. The blaze was tapped out around 5pm.
There were no reports of injuries or outside damage.
The cause of the initial power failure is unknown.
We have a crew at the scene and will keep you updated on Eyewitness News and abc13.com as new details come into the newsroom.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Malaysia: No debris at spot shown on China images
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Chrysler recalls 49,000 Chargers to fix headlights 14 min ago
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Amazon accused of cheating customers 13 min ago
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves
- Pharmacists prescribe 'Monster Spray' for kids