Firefighters extinguish blaze at plant in southeast Harris County
LA PORTE, TX (KTRK) -- Crews spent Monday afternoont fighting a plant fire in southeast Harris County.
According to officials, a fire broke out around 3:15pm at the OxyVinyls plant on Battleground Road in La Porte. Authorities tell us the fire was in their master switch yard.
Plant official Dave Dorko says there was an electrical failure at the plant that resulted in the fire. A contractor vehicle was close to the flames and also caught on fire.
Firefighters first had to make sure there was no power on in the area of the plant where the fire was burning before they could even fight it. The blaze was tapped out around 5pm.
There were no reports of injuries or outside damage.
The cause of the initial power failure is unknown.
We have a crew at the scene and will keep you updated on Eyewitness News and abc13.com as new details come into the newsroom.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Lockdown at Kemah Walmart lifted 6 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive 27 min ago
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 46 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290