Concert benefit for firefighters raises more than $100,000
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A concert aimed at helping injured firefighters and their families raised more than $100,000 over the weekend.
The organization Firefighters Helping Firefighters estimates between 4,000 and 5,000 people came out to the Concert For Heroes at Discovery Green Sunday.
All the proceeds will go to help four firefighters injured in the deadly Southwest Inn fire back in May.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site 28 min ago
- Astrodome to be considered historic landmark 46 min ago
- No jail for teen whose lawyers argued 'affluenza'
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees 17 min ago
- Two of 3 suspected burglars caught in the act
- HISD board to discuss mascot controversy 7 min ago
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party
- Restaurant robbery attempt foiled by quick-thinking worker