Concert benefit for firefighters raises more than $100,000
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A concert aimed at helping injured firefighters and their families raised more than $100,000 over the weekend.
The organization Firefighters Helping Firefighters estimates between 4,000 and 5,000 people came out to the Concert For Heroes at Discovery Green Sunday.
All the proceeds will go to help four firefighters injured in the deadly Southwest Inn fire back in May.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas 12 min ago
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 46 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife 16 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus 4 min ago
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 2 min ago
- Students prep for national robotics...
8 min ago