Police: Man held captive for years in NE Houston home dies
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There are new developments in the investigation of three men held hostage inside a northeast Houston home. Police confirmed on Tuesday that one of the victims, 79-year-old William Greenawalt, has died.
The other victims, 59-year-old Dean Cottingham and 64-year-old John Padget, have been released from the hospital into the care of adult services.
The three were found earlier this month malnourished and confined to a converted garage.
Investigators say Walter Jones was keeping them to collect their government assistance checks. Right now, he faces injury to the elderly charges.
The investigation is ongoing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak