Police: Man held captive for years in NE Houston home dies
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There are new developments in the investigation of three men held hostage inside a northeast Houston home. Police confirmed on Tuesday that one of the victims, 79-year-old William Greenawalt, has died.
The other victims, 59-year-old Dean Cottingham and 64-year-old John Padget, have been released from the hospital into the care of adult services.
The three were found earlier this month malnourished and confined to a converted garage.
Investigators say Walter Jones was keeping them to collect their government assistance checks. Right now, he faces injury to the elderly charges.
The investigation is ongoing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student 13 min ago
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Nice weather for Easter!
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town