Police send out warning after Medical Center attack
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities have issued an alert after a reported aggravated assault in a parking garage in the Medical Center.
University of Texas Police at Houston want you to be on the lookout for Edward Johnson. They say on July 26 at around 8:30am, he assaulted a woman in Texas Medical Center Garage 10.
Police say he took the woman's purse, possibly at gunpoint. She reportedly fought back.
The woman's purse was later located. The suspect left behind something at the scene that allowed police to identify him.
On Wednesday, there was another warning at the intersection of Cambridge and El Paseo after a series of robberies. It wasn't immediately stated whether Johnson is connected to any of these robberies, but authorities say because of the crime streaks, they are asking area residents to be on the lookout and avoid distractions, like using a phone.
"I know lots of people have their guards down, and they're on their phones and texting and all of that, and there's a lot of activity going on over here," concerned resident Marvin Johnson said. "It does concern me because my wife and my two children have been living here for quite a few years and I want them to feel safe."
Johnson is an African-American male, standing around 6 feet tall. He weighs around 145 pounds.
Investigators say Johnson may be armed and that if you see him, move to a safe location and call UTPD at 713-792-2890
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold 18 min ago
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known 43 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Ashby High Rise opponents dealt winning hand
- Man tries to trade gator for beer
- Half-ton chocolate Santa on display at Hilton Americas
- Guide dog saves blind man who fell on subway tracks
- Feds: Harvard bomb threat was hoax to avoid final
- Outrage over request asked of cancer patient
1 min ago