Man accused of hitting nephew with vehicle, then fleeing due in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man accused of running over his nephew and then leaving the 8-year-old on the sidewalk is expected back in court today.
Witnesses told police 32-year-old Randy Jenkins was driving his truck erratically in the seconds before he hit his nephew.
After the crash, Jenkins disappeared and police didn't arrest him until 24 hours after the crash. The 8-year-old was critically injured in the accident.
Jenkins is facing a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 3 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects