Man accused of hitting nephew with vehicle, then fleeing due in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man accused of running over his nephew and then leaving the 8-year-old on the sidewalk is expected back in court today.
Witnesses told police 32-year-old Randy Jenkins was driving his truck erratically in the seconds before he hit his nephew.
After the crash, Jenkins disappeared and police didn't arrest him until 24 hours after the crash. The 8-year-old was critically injured in the accident.
Jenkins is facing a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa 26 min ago
- Law enforcement training program suspended 41 min ago
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- HISD takes steps to replace school mascots
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted 50 min ago
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin inks extension
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Three Webster officers indicted for official oppression
- Girl, 5, surprises deaf parents at holiday...
- How using free Wi-Fi can really cost you 36 min ago
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond