Man accused of hitting nephew with vehicle, then fleeing due in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man accused of running over his nephew and then leaving the 8-year-old on the sidewalk is expected back in court today.
Witnesses told police 32-year-old Randy Jenkins was driving his truck erratically in the seconds before he hit his nephew.
After the crash, Jenkins disappeared and police didn't arrest him until 24 hours after the crash. The 8-year-old was critically injured in the accident.
Jenkins is facing a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 5 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school 14 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations 10 min ago