Pursuit of suspect in stolen vehicle ends with wreck near Prairie View
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A police chase in Waller County ended in a multi-car crash, and left a suspected car thief in critical condition. Investigators say it all started when a man stole a truck from a business along Highway 290 at FM 1098.
In Hempstead, a driver saw a man wreck a truck. That man, police say, then walked to a nearby parking lot and stole another truck. The witness called 911. Waller County deputies, Hempstead police and DPS troopers responded.
The suspect, in his haste to get away, hit a patrol and then the chase was on for an estimated 10 miles. It ended in Prairie View when the suspect rammed a tractor-trailer rig. The impact was so strong that it forced the trailer of the rig into another lane of traffic.
The suspect was critically injured inside the wrecked stolen truck. He was taken to a hospital. His is in critical condition and his identity has not been released. The investigation continues.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, deborah wrigley
- Severe weather possible across Houston area
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos