Pursuit of suspect in stolen vehicle ends with wreck near Prairie View
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A police chase in Waller County ended in a multi-car crash, and left a suspected car thief in critical condition. Investigators say it all started when a man stole a truck from a business along Highway 290 at FM 1098.
In Hempstead, a driver saw a man wreck a truck. That man, police say, then walked to a nearby parking lot and stole another truck. The witness called 911. Waller County deputies, Hempstead police and DPS troopers responded.
The suspect, in his haste to get away, hit a patrol and then the chase was on for an estimated 10 miles. It ended in Prairie View when the suspect rammed a tractor-trailer rig. The impact was so strong that it forced the trailer of the rig into another lane of traffic.
The suspect was critically injured inside the wrecked stolen truck. He was taken to a hospital. His is in critical condition and his identity has not been released. The investigation continues.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, deborah wrigley
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston 26 min ago
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash 45 min ago
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas 12 min ago
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor 11 min ago
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's featured...
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Police: Fight over woman ends in fatal stabbing
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green