FBI: Pipe bomb in NE Houston not threat
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives trying to investigate a bank robbery in Atascocita earlier this week encountered a fake bomb at a northeast Houston apartment Thursday.
Investigators were searching an apartment in the 5500 block of Cavalcade when they stumbled upon what looked like a pipe bomb, an FBI spokesperson said. Bomb squad technicians were called to the scene and they eventually determined the device was a hoax.
The spokesperson said detectives were searching the apartment for clues in a Wednesday bank robbery in Atascocita. Five suspects were arrested following the heist. They have been identified as 34-year-old Roderick Dewayne Anderson, 23-year-old Ezekiel Hamm, 21-year-old Alexander Sylvester Sellers, 21-year-old Kendrick Dewayne Walker and 33-year-old Keelan Williams.
All five suspects are still in custody.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Jaguars 17, Texans 10 (3) 21 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter 50 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Strong winter storm threatens to paralyze N. Texas 12 min ago
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video
- Are more toll lanes what Katy Freeway needs?
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight 21 min ago
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- Maybe he should have hidden pot elsewhere