FedEx big rig, SUV collision causes fuel spill on SB lanes of Beltway 8 at Central Park
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A wreck involving an 18-wheeler and SUV in northwest Houston left three people injured and caused quite a mess on the West Sam Houston Tollway Friday night.
Around 8pm, a FedEx truck and an SUV crashed into each other on the southbound lanes of the Beltway just south of Central Plaza. The 18-wheeler jackknifed and started leaking diesel fuel.
Three people inside the SUV were transported to an area hospital for injuries, but authorities say told none of them were life-threatening.
Crews shut down all the main southbound lanes of Beltway 8 in that area for more than two hours so they could clean up the leaking fuel.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies 39 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Oops! Noise complaint leads to drug bust
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game