Barbecue fundraiser held for firefighter injured in deadly SW Houston motel fire
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houstonians continue to show their support for the survivors of the motel fire that killed four firefighters in May.
Volunteers organized a barbeque fundraiser for firefighter Robert Yarbrough in Kingwood Saturday.
Yarbrough is in a wheelchair and says it could take eight months to a year for his injured legs to recover.
He says the emotional support from the community goes a long way in the healing process.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive