Barbecue fundraiser held for firefighter injured in deadly SW Houston motel fire
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houstonians continue to show their support for the survivors of the motel fire that killed four firefighters in May.
Volunteers organized a barbeque fundraiser for firefighter Robert Yarbrough in Kingwood Saturday.
Yarbrough is in a wheelchair and says it could take eight months to a year for his injured legs to recover.
He says the emotional support from the community goes a long way in the healing process.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods