Two people dead, one injured following overnight crash in Spring
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- Two people are dead and another is in the hospital after an overnight wreck in Spring.
It happened just after midnight on West Hardy Street at Sue Ann Lane.
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, a Mitsubishi Eclipse was speeding southbound on West Hardy Street when the driver lost control, veered off to the right and hit a grassy area.
The driver then overcorrected and ended up hitting a culvert.
That's when the car started rolling.
Two people in the car -- a man and a woman -- were thrown from the car and died at the scene.
But another man in the back seat managed to crawl out of the car to safety.
"A third occupant in that vehicle crawled out of that vehicle and began walking southbound on West Hardy Street where he was located after the crash," HCSO Sgt. S. Wolverton said. "He was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital with a head injury but is expected to survive his injuries."
A passerby saw the survivor and called 911.
No names have been released, but officials said all three people in the car were in their 20s. Investigators are still working to determine whether drugs or alcohol were involved.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, pooja lodhia
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 8 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows 23 min ago
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash 48 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail