Residents who hid during shooting find victim dying in living room
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are investigating a deadly shooting in southwest Houston.
It happened around 8pm Sunday at a home on White Cap Lane near Cook.
Police say residents reported hearing multiple gunshots outside their home, then a man came in the house and collapsed on the floor. The witnesses inside the home hid, and reported hearing more shots inside the house.
When the gunshots stopped, the residents walked into the living room where they found the victim bleeding, police say. They called 911 and the victim was taken by HFD Paramedics to Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators say the victim regularly visited the home, but did not live there. His identity hasn't been released.
Investigators are talking with witnesses but so far they do not have a suspect or a possible motive in the case. Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck 51 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir 52 min ago
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center 10 min ago
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Arrest made in fatal shooting of security guard 59 min ago
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies 26 min ago
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line 26 min ago
- Behold, the pizza cake 19 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case 34 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 36 min ago