Residents who hid during shooting find victim dying in living room
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are investigating a deadly shooting in southwest Houston.
It happened around 8pm Sunday at a home on White Cap Lane near Cook.
Police say residents reported hearing multiple gunshots outside their home, then a man came in the house and collapsed on the floor. The witnesses inside the home hid, and reported hearing more shots inside the house.
When the gunshots stopped, the residents walked into the living room where they found the victim bleeding, police say. They called 911 and the victim was taken by HFD Paramedics to Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators say the victim regularly visited the home, but did not live there. His identity hasn't been released.
Investigators are talking with witnesses but so far they do not have a suspect or a possible motive in the case. Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush