Heights restaurant La Fisheria bans children after 7pm
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A restaurant in the Heights has adopted an unusual policy for diners: no children after 7pm.
La Fisheria posted on Facebook that it would no longer allow children under eight years old to dine at their restaurant after seven o'clock.
"We have a lot of complaints from couples who decide to have dinner and the customers say 'I left my children at my house with the babysitter and we come to the restaurant and see children running around the restaurant screaming and crying,'" restaurant co-owner Aquiles Chavez said.
Chavez says they're not worried about hurting business; they're trying to put their customers happiness first.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1 49 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John...
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians