Heights restaurant La Fisheria bans children after 7pm
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A restaurant in the Heights has adopted an unusual policy for diners: no children after 7pm.
La Fisheria posted on Facebook that it would no longer allow children under eight years old to dine at their restaurant after seven o'clock.
"We have a lot of complaints from couples who decide to have dinner and the customers say 'I left my children at my house with the babysitter and we come to the restaurant and see children running around the restaurant screaming and crying,'" restaurant co-owner Aquiles Chavez said.
Chavez says they're not worried about hurting business; they're trying to put their customers happiness first.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course