Woman accused of kidnapping and killing Houston boy in 2010 goes on trial today
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The trial begins today for the woman accused of kidnapping and murdering a boy.
Mona Nelson is charged with capital murder. Prosecutors say she kidnapped 12-year-old Jonathon Foster on Christmas Eve of 2010. His burned remains were found in a ditch soon after, but detectives could never come up with a motive.
Prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty. Nelson has asked for a judge instead of a jury to decide the verdict.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident