Prosecutors fear church sex case could have more victims
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A pastor stands accused of molesting an eight-year-old girl at a church in southwest Houston. Now investigators say there could be other victims.
Romulo Jimenez was in court Wednesday morning. He's charged with continuous sexual abuse of a child. He's the pastor at Cento Christiano Vida Nueva. Prosecutors say the eight-year-old victim in the case claims the 67-year-old assaulted her in his office, in a church bathroom and in a parked car in the parking. Now they're looking for more possible victims.
"If there are parents who are concerned, who go to this church where this pastor had contact with their children, they need to contact law enforcement right away so that we can make sure that their children were safe," said assistant district attorney Angela Smith.
According to court documents, Jimenez's wife in a written statement admitted her husband acknowledged the abuse, apologized and repented.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Police use spikes to end chase in southwest Houston 21 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 15 min ago
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes
- Car fire breaks out at high-rise parking lot 39 min ago