Crews find body of missing boater in Galveston Bay
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Crews have found the body of a boater missing since Wednesday.
A good Samaritan called the coast guard after coming across an unmanned 17-foot shallow-water boat Wednesday afternoon. The engines of the boat were running but only a dog was onboard.
A helicopter took off this morning from Ellington Field to search west Galveston Bay. The Coast Guard will only identify the boater as a 50-year-old man.
They are not releasing any details of the recovery.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Man shot in Bellaire-area parking lot 27 min ago
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush 24 min ago
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
40 min ago