Crews find body of missing boater in Galveston Bay
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Crews have found the body of a boater missing since Wednesday.
A good Samaritan called the coast guard after coming across an unmanned 17-foot shallow-water boat Wednesday afternoon. The engines of the boat were running but only a dog was onboard.
A helicopter took off this morning from Ellington Field to search west Galveston Bay. The Coast Guard will only identify the boater as a 50-year-old man.
They are not releasing any details of the recovery.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl 11 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- One dead in auto-pedestrian wreck on south side of town 47 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston 23 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians