League City jailer arrested, accused of harassing inmate
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A League City jailer is now behind bars, accused of sexually harassing a female inmate.
Gilber B. Oliva, 25, was arrested Wednesday afternoon at the League City Police Department, where he worked as a jail employee, on a charge of official oppression.
According to the Galveston County District Criminal District Attorney's Office, Oliva harassed a woman while she was an inmate at the city jail on July 4 and then continued harassing her by sending her text messages and photographs after her release.
Oliva was booked into the Galveston County Jail and his bond was set at $5,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
league city, local
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping baby 47 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- How to lose the last 10 pounds
- Man killed while trying to cross North Freeway
- Missing stop sign blamed for accident in Montgomery Co.
- Ford to offer 50th anniversary Mustang
- The best and worst jobs for 2014