League City jailer arrested, accused of harassing inmate
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A League City jailer is now behind bars, accused of sexually harassing a female inmate.
Gilber B. Oliva, 25, was arrested Wednesday afternoon at the League City Police Department, where he worked as a jail employee, on a charge of official oppression.
According to the Galveston County District Criminal District Attorney's Office, Oliva harassed a woman while she was an inmate at the city jail on July 4 and then continued harassing her by sending her text messages and photographs after her release.
Oliva was booked into the Galveston County Jail and his bond was set at $5,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
league city, local
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co. 32 min ago
- Frustration mounts for church members 11 min ago
- Former Houstonian in iconic WWII photo dies
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'
- Judge bans gang members from East Aldine Safety Zone
- College students paid to take a year off?
- Lady Gaga addresses difficulties in SXSW keynote
- Rare early map of Texas offered at auction
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's Friday fugitives?
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant