League City jailer arrested, accused of harassing inmate
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A League City jailer is now behind bars, accused of sexually harassing a female inmate.
Gilber B. Oliva, 25, was arrested Wednesday afternoon at the League City Police Department, where he worked as a jail employee, on a charge of official oppression.
According to the Galveston County District Criminal District Attorney's Office, Oliva harassed a woman while she was an inmate at the city jail on July 4 and then continued harassing her by sending her text messages and photographs after her release.
Oliva was booked into the Galveston County Jail and his bond was set at $5,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
league city, local
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale