Man killed in hit-and-run after crashing his pickup in northeast Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A body was discovered blocks away from a wrecked pickup in northeast Houston Saturday morning, and police tell us the truck belonged to the man who was fatally struck by an unknown vehicle after walking away from his accident
According to the Houston Police Department, the 55-year-old man was involved in an accident at an unknown location around 4:30am. He drove his wrecked pickup a short distance and then backed it into a ditch on Ramin near Laura Koppe, not far from his home.
After the man parked the truck, police tell us he got out and started walking south down Ramin. That's when an unknown vehicle struck and killed him, officials said.
A passerby found the victim lying in the street and called 911. He was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
Police are requesting that anyone with information on this case call HPD Homicide at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore'
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle