Two men at large after robbery, shooting outside southwest Houston night club
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A night out ended with one man in the hospital after police say he was robbed and shot in southwest Houston.
Investigators say the victim and another man were leaving the Vertigo Disco in the 5800 block of South Gessner near Sands Point Drive around 5:30am when they were ambushed by two men in the shopping center parking lot.
According to investigators, the two victims, who are in their early 20s, were walking to their car when two other men pulled up in a white Toyota Celica. The suspects jumped out of the car and demanded that the victims empty their pockets.
One of the victims tried to stop the suspects and was shot in the torso. He was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital for surgery and is expected to survive, officials said.
The other victim was not hurt.
The suspects escaped with the victims' money, jewelry and cell phones. Anyone with information on this crime can call Houston police or Crime Stoppers.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking 52 min ago
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area 56 min ago
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Help the TSU band get to Canton with Michael Strahan