Houston charter school under investigation for questionable spending
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- State investigators say a Houston charter school spent money on Broadway shows, cruises and other questionable items.
The Texas Education Agency investigated the Varnett School in 2011, but refused to release the results until now.
The investigation found school founder, Annette Cluff, employed several family members who also sat on the board, and she allegedly spent thousands of taxpayer dollars on Broadway shows, cruises and other travel.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 33 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch 17 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend 57 min ago
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class