Two men found shot to death inside bar in east Harris County
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- Harris County deputies are working to figure out how two people wound up shot to death at a Channelview bar last night.
Authorities were called out to the bar off Market near Second Street, which is under renovations and closed for business right now, at around 10:45pm. Once there, they found two men with gunshot wounds.
Investigators believe one of the men lived at the location and another worked there, perhaps helping with the renovations.
The owner says someone called earlier in the night to inform him there were two dead men in the building.
"It's an unknown person at this point. He called the owner of this location and told him that these two males were here. So, we are trying to track down that person," said Sgt. Felipe Rivera with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
The owner arrived and discovered the bodies, then called 911.
"We have vague information and we are in the process of trying to obtain statements and figure out what happened here," said Sgt. Felipe Rivera with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
The sheriff's office did not have information to release about a motive or suspects right now. An investigation is underway.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase
- Photos: 7 big brands that are struggling 40 min ago
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- Mobile home fire claims life of one person in NE Houston
- Study to test 'chocolate' pills for heart health 37 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Malaysia: Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last word
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation in SW Houston
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI 12 min ago
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded