Two men found shot to death inside bar in east Harris County
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- Harris County deputies are working to figure out how two people wound up shot to death at a Channelview bar last night.
Authorities were called out to the bar off Market near Second Street, which is under renovations and closed for business right now, at around 10:45pm. Once there, they found two men with gunshot wounds.
Investigators believe one of the men lived at the location and another worked there, perhaps helping with the renovations.
The owner says someone called earlier in the night to inform him there were two dead men in the building.
"It's an unknown person at this point. He called the owner of this location and told him that these two males were here. So, we are trying to track down that person," said Sgt. Felipe Rivera with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
The owner arrived and discovered the bodies, then called 911.
"We have vague information and we are in the process of trying to obtain statements and figure out what happened here," said Sgt. Felipe Rivera with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
The sheriff's office did not have information to release about a motive or suspects right now. An investigation is underway.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 48 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged
- Toddler uses Facetime to get help for mom
- Ukraine PM: Won't give up 'single centimeter'
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver