Two men found shot to death inside bar in east Harris County
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- Harris County deputies are working to figure out how two people wound up shot to death at a Channelview bar last night.
Authorities were called out to the bar off Market near Second Street, which is under renovations and closed for business right now, at around 10:45pm. Once there, they found two men with gunshot wounds.
Investigators believe one of the men lived at the location and another worked there, perhaps helping with the renovations.
The owner says someone called earlier in the night to inform him there were two dead men in the building.
"It's an unknown person at this point. He called the owner of this location and told him that these two males were here. So, we are trying to track down that person," said Sgt. Felipe Rivera with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
The owner arrived and discovered the bodies, then called 911.
"We have vague information and we are in the process of trying to obtain statements and figure out what happened here," said Sgt. Felipe Rivera with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
The sheriff's office did not have information to release about a motive or suspects right now. An investigation is underway.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 4 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 6 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 34 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Three Webster officers go before judge today 41 min ago
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom 30 min ago
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank 13 min ago
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire 17 min ago
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy