Two men found shot to death inside bar in east Harris County
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- Harris County deputies are working to figure out how two people wound up shot to death at a Channelview bar last night.
Authorities were called out to the bar off Market near Second Street, which is under renovations and closed for business right now, at around 10:45pm. Once there, they found two men with gunshot wounds.
Investigators believe one of the men lived at the location and another worked there, perhaps helping with the renovations.
The owner says someone called earlier in the night to inform him there were two dead men in the building.
"It's an unknown person at this point. He called the owner of this location and told him that these two males were here. So, we are trying to track down that person," said Sgt. Felipe Rivera with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
The owner arrived and discovered the bodies, then called 911.
"We have vague information and we are in the process of trying to obtain statements and figure out what happened here," said Sgt. Felipe Rivera with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
The sheriff's office did not have information to release about a motive or suspects right now. An investigation is underway.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 45 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Nice weather for Easter! 42 min ago
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck