Church caretaker, 66, fights back against thieves who targeted landscaper in Conroe
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A 66-year-old church caretaker came to the aid of a landscaper who was scuffling with a man who was trying to steal his leaf blower.
Conroe police say on Friday afternoon a landscaper was blowing leaves at the Ark Family Church in Conroe when he was approached by two men in car.
Police say one of the men grabbed his blower and tried to run off with it. The landscaper fought back and Tommy Gonzales, who lives on the church property, saw what was happening and came to his aid.
The suspect pulled a knife on Gonzalez and cut his him arm before running off into the woods. The other suspect took off in a maroon Buick.
Conroe police and Montgomery County Constables from Precinct 2 responded to the church and called for a sheriff's K-9 unit, who arrested the suspect after a 20 minute search.
Gonzalez's injury to his arm was minor. The suspect was taken to the hospital because of heat exposure.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD: Homeless man shoots, kills armed burglar 29 min ago
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing husband's co-worker
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Stolen Snap-on truck found burning in NW Harris Co.
- SWAT scene underway in SW Houston 20 min ago
- 'Polar Express' blowing across US 26 min ago
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Casey Curry's Thursday weather forecast
32 min ago